1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced or (1/2 tsp Garlic Powder)
1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
2 cups yellow corn kernels
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
3 (14.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained
Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeño, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, smoked paprika
Add oil to 5 quart Dutch Oven and heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Add onion and garlic to Dutch Oven and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Add broth, chilis, oregano, cumin, salt, corn and red pepper. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling add beans and turn heat to medium. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken and shread, add back into Dutch oven. Garnish with ingredients from Ingredients list.
Credit: Taste of South Magazine ( http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/chicken-chili/ )
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.