3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk, heated 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add butter to 12″ Cast iron skillet and place in oven. Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a blender. Blend until mixture is uniform.
Remove pan from oven. The butter will be melted. Swirl the butter until it coats the skillet. Pour the remaining butter into the mixture and blend again.
Pour mixture into skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. It will be done when it appears golden brown.
Let it cool and sprinkle confections’ sugar or top with fruit.
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.