1 lb sausage
1 medium green bell pepper
1/2 medium onion diced or sliced
1 package taco seasoning mix
1/2 bag of tater tots
1 bag tortillas
1 lb Mexican style cheese (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
Sliced black olives (optional)
Green chilies (optional)
Cook sausage and add taco seasoning. Remove from skillet and put in bowl. Sauce pepper and onion in the sausage fat. Remove from skillet and put in bowl. Beat eggs and scramble. Remove from skillet and put in bowl. Cook tater tots. Remove from skillet and put in bowl. Combine all ingredients into the skillet or leave separate depending on who you are fixing for. Some children might not like some of the ingredients. Add ingredients to tortilla and top with sour cream, olives, salsa and green chilies.
These are great for camping and can be cooked in a 10-inch skillet. This recipe will serve a family of 4 easily.
Credit: The Modern Dutch Oven Field Guide – John Gilbert (page 76)
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.