Preheat the Dutch oven and brown the ground beef seasoning with extra Oregano and onion. You can also use a separate 12″ cast iron skillet to cook the beef and onion. Add beef to a mixing bowl the add the spaghetti sauce to the beef and mix well. In another bowl, add the cottage or ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (reserve a few ounces for later), and oregano (or Italian seasoning), and mix well.
Layer in the Dutch oven in the following order: Break up the edges of four lasagna noodles so that they fit in the bottom. Spread about 1/3 of meat mixture over the noodles. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture ove the meat mixture. Break up five noodles and place over the top of the preceding mixtures. Spread 1/2 of the remaining meat mixture over the noodles. Spread the remaining cheese mixture over the meat mixture. Break up the remaining noodles and place over the cheese mixture. Spread the remaining meat mixture over the noodles. Cover with sliced mushrooms. Pour the hot water all around the edges of the oven. Place the lid on the oven and back for about one hour or until done (12 briquettes on bottom and 12 on top).
Note: I tend to use more cheese. Instead of using Oregano, I used an Italian blend of spices. The more seasoning you use the more flavor you will have. This is one of my all time favorite recipes and is a very good beginner recipe to start cooking with a Dutch oven and can be done in a liner or no liner.
Credit: Adapted from The Modern Dutch Oven Field Guide by: John Gilbert (UVU)
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.