1 stick of butter
1/3 cup flour
1 box of refrigerated pie shells (Pillsbury are nice and flaky)
1 small bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 large potato (baked about halfway in the microwave- peel and cut into small chunks) - OPTIONAL
1/2 cup milk
1 can chicken broth
3 cups rotisserie chicken
salt & pepper
Melt butter in large cast iron pan. Add flour, salt & pepper. Let cook for a few minutes slowly stirring it well.
Add milk & chicken broth combining well and stir until thick & creamy. Remove from heat…add chicken and vegetables and if you do the optional potatoes.
Put bottom crust in a 10″ cast iron skillet (cold). Pour in filling. Top with second crust and seal edges well. Cut a few slits in top so it can vent while baking.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes. (mine took the full 45 minutes) Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.