• 1 lb. ground beef
• kosher salt
• Black pepper
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 2 c. crushed tomatoes
• 1 lb. Cooked spaghetti
• 24 oz. shredded Mexican cheese mix
• 1/2 c. Sour cream, for serving
• 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 scallions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (I used my 12″ skillet for the baking and my 10″ skillet to brown and cook the meat.)
2. In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Drain excess oil. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin, chili powder, and oregano; mix well. Add tomatoes and spaghetti and mix until spaghetti is well coated. Transfer spaghetti mixture to prepared pie dish (No need to transfer mixture; just make it in your CI pan and add the spaghetti to ground beef mixture) and sprinkle all over with cheese.
3. Cover loosely with foil. Bake, covered, 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
4. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, and scallions.
Credit: Cast Iron Cooking Facebook Group (Jenny Petty Hitchens)
1 pound ground beef
½ tbsp onion powder
¾ cup salsa
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
1 can (1 lb.) refried beans
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 bag tortilla chips
In a skillet, cook the ground beef. Add the onion powder, salsa, salt, pepper, refried beans, and cheese. Stir until well mixed. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Just before serving stir in the sour cream. Spoon over tortilla chips.
· 4 green zucchinis (small to medium), sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· salt and fresh ground pepper
· 1 cup panko crumbs
· 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· cooking spray (I use Redstone Olive Oil)
· Serve with Plain Yogurt
1 (1 lb.) loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed (I used Rhodes bread dough)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
12 Swiss cheese slices, halved
12 thin Ham slices
12 thin Turkey slices (I used cracked pepper turkey)
Spray Cast Iron Bread pan with butter spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a floured surface roll the dough into a 12" by 20" rectangle. Slice the dough lengthwise into 3 (4") strips. Brush dough with melted butter. Cut dough crosswise into 8 (2") strips to make 24 (2" by 4") rectangles.
Assemble by layering. Dough, cheese, ham then dough, cheese, turkey. Repeat until the bread pan has been filled. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Bake for 35 minutes. At the 17 minute mark, cover with aluminum foil so bread doesn't burn.
Top with powdered sugar and have raspberry jam for a dipping side.
Credit: Pull-aparts Pull. Eat. Repeat. Cookbook page 27