Makes 6 to 8 servings
2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup fresh English peas (I used sweet peas)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (I used coarse ground pepper)
Garnish: lemon wedges (I used a whole lemon sliced in wedges)
First: Bring a large saucepan of water to boil over high heat. Add asparagus, and cook for 1 minute. Add peas; cook 1 minute more. Immediately drain, and rinse with cold water.
Last: In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (I used a 12-inch cast-iron skillet), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add blanched asparagus and peas to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add tarragon, parsley, chives, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Garnish with lemon, if desired.
Credit: Southern Cast Iron Magazine Spring 2016 edition page 40.
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.