½ lb sausage (your choice)
2 tablespoons butter
⅓ cup onion, minced
⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth OR 1 bullion cube and 1 cup water
2 cups whole milk
¾ teaspoon salt leave out if using bullion/water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Crumble and cook sausage. Drain and set aside. To 10” skillet add butter, onion and garlic. Cook until onion golden then add flour, pepper and thyme stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Gradually add
milk and chicken broth stirring so not to clump gravy. Add sausage and continue to stir and cook until gravy is of desired consistency.
Credit: Cast Iron Cooking Facebook Group
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.