1 (16-ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti
8 cups cold water
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp kosher salt
28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil
18 oz package Italian-style pre-made meatballs (you can use chicken or beef)
2 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In a 12 inch skillet add spaghetti, water, onion, garlic powder and salt together and cook noodles until al dente. Over medium heat.
2. Drain all but 1 cup of water.
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
* This will easily feed 4-6 people.
Adapted from: Taste of Homes Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs ( http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/skillet-spaghetti-and-meatballs/